Ingredients for the Garnishing/Roasting
|Ghee / Clarified butter||2-3 tbsp|
Aloo paratha is an all time favorite in an punjabi household in india, but the rest of india is equally fond of it. So today I show you not only 1 or 2 ways but 6 ways how you can roll out the star of Indian cuisine – Aloo paratha or aloo da paratha
Step by Step Video for ‘Aloo Paratha‘ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Aloo Paratha Dough
|Whole wheat flour||2 cups|
|Ajwain/ carom seeds||1 tsp|
|Salt||1 tsp or as per your own taste|
|Whole wheat flour for dusting||¼ cup|
Ingredients for the Aloo Stuffing
|Potatoes, Medium sized, boiled||4|
|Mild green chilli||4-5|
|Onion, Medium sized||1|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 tsp|
|Chat Masala||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|Amchur Powder||½ tsp|
|Fresh Cilantro/ Dhaniya leaves||2 tbsp|
|Salt||1 1/4 tsp or as per your own taste|
Prepping for the dough
- In a large mixing bowl add, the wheat flour add salt, carom seeds and oil and mix well.
- Now add water and knead the dough for five minutes.
- One the dough is kneaded apply very little oil on the surface of the dough and cover and keep aside for half an hour.
Prepping for the Aloo Stuffing
- Boil, peel and mash the potatoes well. Now add the ingredients in the list and mix well.
- Make round balls out the stuffing.
Method for making the Aloo Paratha
- Make six or seven equal sized dough balls.
- Take one and cover the rest.
- On a clean surface sprinkle some dry flour and using a rolling pin make a small puri size tortilla or roti.
- Now take the prepared aloo stuffing ball and place in the center.
- The the edge and start pleating bringing it to the center.
- Press the pleats from the center.
- Now take some more dry flour and sprinkle on it and roll to a chapati size.
Method for Posting the Aloo Paratha
- On a hot griddle add ghee to the surface, and then add the rolled paratha, cook on low flame for a minutes or until you start seeing golden spots on the bottom side.
- Now apply ghee on the top side and flip over.
- Let the other side get cooked as well.
- Finally, serve hot aloo paratha with a generous amount of butter and serve with raita or pickle or chutney.