Ingredients to make Aloo Sabzi Recipe
|Medium size potatoes||6 to 7|
|Mild Green chilli||6|
|Curry leaves / Kadi patta||20|
|Cilantro / Dhania||⅛ cup|
|Cumin seed / Jeera||½ tsp|
|Mustard seed /Rai||½ tsp|
|Turmeric powder /Haldi||½ tsp|
|Asafoetida / Hing||pinch|
Aloo Sabzi Recipe / Batata bhaji is mostly everyone’s favourite. It is a very easy, simple and quick recipe. This sabzi is mostly served with varan (Plain Dal) and bhat (Rice) You can even have it with roti and pickle or with puran poli or shrikhand or basundi etc. Let’s learn to make Aloo Sabzi Recipe / batata bhaji.
If you are interested in more potato recipes then pls check out my Potato Onion Curry
Prepping for the Aloo Sabzi Recipe
- Boil the potatoes, peel the skin and cut into large cubes
- Slice the green chillies from the center and then cut them into half
- Finley cut the onion and coriander leaves
Method for Making the Aloo Sabzi Recipe
- Take a vessel/ Kadahi and once its hot add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the mustard seeds and wait for it to sizzle
- Then add the cumin seeds, followed by the curry leaves, asafoetida and the green chillies, mix well.
- Then add the turmeric and finely cut onions and salt, mix well
- Cover and cook for 3-4 min on a medium flame
- After 4 or once the onions are cooked then add the potato cubes, mix well
- Once mixed, cover and cook for 2 min on a low flame
- After 2 min add the fresh coriander leaves mix well and enjoy while hot.