If you are like me and you like any and everything about egg then you are definitely going to like this Anda Appe / Egg Bites recipe. its very easy to make and extremely delicious. you can serve it as breakfast or as a snack or you can even give it to your kids as the lunch box recipe. the cheese in this recipe is totally optional but I personally feel that it adds lot of fun to this dish. you can also add any vegetables that you have in your pantry in your refrigerator.
Step by Step Video for ” Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Anda Appe / Egg Bites
|Egg / Anda||4|
|Onion / Pyaz||2 tbsp|
|Carrot /gajar||1 ½ tbsp|
|Cabbage / Patta gobi||1 ½ tbsp|
|Cilantro /Dhanya||1 tbsp|
|Spring onion leaves /Hare pyaz ke patte||1 tbsp|
|Capsicum / shimla mirch||1 ½ tbsp|
|Black pepper / Kali mirch||½ tsp|
|Salt||as per your taste|
Prepping for the Anda Appe / Egg Bites
1) finely chop all the vegetables and keep them separately aside in a bowl.
Method for making the Anda Appe / Egg Bites
1)Break the egg in a bowl and using a balloon whisk or a fork be the eggs for the next 30 to 40 seconds.
2) once the eggs are beaten at the salt the black pepper powder, the capsicum, the spring onion leaves, green chillies, cilantro, cabbage, carrot, onion, and tomato and mix everything in.
3)Once mixed keep it aside.
4) take the appe pan and generously grease the cavities with some oil or butter.
5) add 1 tablespoon of the egg batter into each of the cavities and turn the flame on medium and cook for 30 seconds
6) add a small cube of cheese in the centre of each of the Anda Appe / Egg Bites
7) add half a teaspoon of the egg batter on top of the cheese in each of the cavities
8) and cover and cook for 1 minutes on medium flame
9) after 1 minute use a spoon and remove the Anda Appe / Egg Bites and and half teaspoon of the egg batter in the same cavity and then gently place the Anda Appe / Egg Bites upside down.
10) cover and cook for the next 30 to 45 seconds
11) once the Anda Appe / Egg Bites are cooked use a spoon to remove them on a plate and servile hot