Ingredients to make Bharwa Pyaz ki Sabji Recipe
|medium size onions||8|
|turmeric powder||½ tsp|
|red chilli powder||½ tsp|
|dried mango powder(amchur)||1 tsp|
|coriander cumin powder||2 ½ tbsp|
|fennel seeds powder(sauf)||1 tsp|
|Salt||as per your taste|
Bharwa Pyaz ki Sabji Recipe, Stuffed onion recipe, step by step
When it’s raining or when the weather is chilling and you want to make something simple yet soulful then make this bharwa pyaz ki sabji. It’s delicious and very easy to make, just a few ingredients that you will always have in your house and your recipe will be ready in minutes. Also this recipe goes really well with khichdi or roti or bhakri.
Prepping for making Bharwa Pyaz ki Sabji Recipe
- Peel the onions and make 4 slits in the onions on the opposite side of the core / crown (make sure not to go all the way through, just make pockets by making the slits)
- Once all the onions are slit keep then aside
- Now in a mixing bowl add all the masalas starting with the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dry mango powder, coriander cumin powder, fennel seeds powder, salt and hing and using a spoon mix everything in.
- Now fill this masala inside the slits of the onions. Make sure to remove the excess masala from the top of the onion.
- You will be left with some masala which we will use later on.
Method for making Bharwa Pyaz ki Sabji Recipe
- In a pan add the oil and once the oil is hot add a pinch of Asafoetida, and all of the leftover masala.
- Then start adding the onions to the oil. The crown should be facing the bottom of the pan and the masala filled slits should be on the top.
- Add the oil from the pan on top of all the onions.
- Then cover it up with a lid and cook it on a low flame for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes flip the onions upside down.
- Cover it up and cook it for more 5-6 minutes or until the onions get completely cooked and caramelised on a low flame.
- Then turn the flame on high for 1 minute so any water droplets from the lid get evaporated.
- Time to remove the onions from the pan and serve while they are hot.