Ingredients for Cheesy Veg Sandwich
|boiled potato||2 tbsp|
|coriander leaves||1 tbsp|
|chaat masala||¼ tsp|
|black pepper powder||¼ tsp|
|mayonnaise||1 ½ tbsp|
|Salt||as per your taste|
This Cheesy Veg Sandwich recipe is an outcome of the cravings I had when I wanted to have something cheesy and filling and not to mention healthy as well. So when my hunger pangs were getting the best of me I opened my refrigerator to see what options i had… i came across some regular vegetables that we mostly all have in our fridge and cheese slices and i started dreaming of some grilled cheese sandwich and scattered around in the kitchen to see if i had some bread, fortunately for me i was in luck and then one thing led to another and i made this sandwich which was a super hit… happy to say that yummy was in my tummy..
For more yummy sandwich recipes u can check out corn cheese grilled sandwich or the apple carrot dates sandwich.
Prepping for the Cheesy Veg Sandwich
- Finley chop the onions, capsicum, tomatoes and coriander leaves
- Finley slices the green chillies
- Boil and mash the potatoes
Method of making the Cheesy Veg Sandwich
- In a large mixing bowl add the onions, capsicum, tomatoes, green chillies, coriander leaves, boiled and mashed potato, salt, chaat masala and black pepper powder and mix well.
- Once mixed add the mayonnaise and mix the stuffing well.
- Take 2 slices of bread and generously apply the stuffing on both the slices of bread evenly.
- Place 1 cheese slice on top of one of the stuffing and land the other bread with the stuffing on, on top of the cheese slice.
- Now apply butter on the top side of the bread
- Land the buttered side bread on the pan and cook till it turns golden brown in colour
- Then apply butter on the other slice of bread and cook this side as well till it turns golden in colour.
- Once both sides are grilled then remove them on a plate and cut diagonally and enjoy while it’s hot with some tomato ketchup or some spicy green chutney.