|Ketchup ⅛ cup||⅛ cup|
There’s something about cheese; you stuff it in anything and the blandest of dishes comes alive. The best part about cheesy dishes is that they are a hit among both kids and adults alike. If you have made a bit too many rotis at one go, you need not toss them away. As long as you have a bit of cheese, sauces and herbs at your disposal, you can give your leftover chapatis a whole new makeover.
In this recipe of cheesy veggie roti cone, It is so easy that you can make them whenever hunger strikes. Cut your roti in four parts, fill them with veggies and cheese and fry them until golden brown. Yes, that’s all it takes to make this crispy snack.
If you are looking for any left over roti recipes do check out
Step by Step Video for ‘Cheesy Veggie Roti Cones‘ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for Cheesy Veggie Roti Cones
Leftover rotis 2
All purpose flour / Maida 5 tbsp
Onions finely chopped 3 tbsp
Capsicum finely chopped 2 tbsp
Jalapenos roughly chopped 1 tbsp
Olives roughly chopped 1 tbsp
Red chilli sauce 1 tbsp
Grated Cheese/cube 4 tbsp/ 2 cubes
Boiled and mashed corn 2 tbsp
Boiled and mashed potatoes 2 medium size
chilli flakes 1 tsp
mixed italian herbs ½ tsp
Ginger garlic paste ½ tsp
Black pepper powder ½ tsp
Cilantro/ dhania 1 tbsp
Prepping for the Cheesy Veggie Roti Cones
- Take a leftover roti and cut into 4 equal parts.
- Finely chop onions, capsicum, roughly chopped jalapenos, roughly chopped olives,ginger garlic paste.
- Boil the corn and potatoes and mash them.
- Once you cut into 4 parts all the 4 parts will open up so take some all purpose flour add some water and make slurry
- Apply that slurry inside the roti so it doesn’t open up.
- Now roll the roti into a cone shape and apply the all purpose flour slurry to it so to glue to it.
Method for making the stuffing
- In a pan add oil and finely chopped onions, and cook for 1 minute.
- After a minute add ginger garlic paste and mix and cook for 1 minutes.
- Then add capsicum, stir and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the jalapeno and olives, followed by chilli flakes and mixed italian herbs, black pepper powder and cilantro and mix.
- Once mixed add the red chilli sauce and mix. Then add 2 tbsp/ 1 cube grated cheese along with boiled and roughly mashed corn. Mix the boiled and mashed potatoes add salt as per your taste( add little as the cheese already has some salt in it). Mix well.
- Turn of the flame, remove it in a bowl and let it come down to room temperature.
Method for making the Cheesy Veggie Roti Cones
- Fill the cones with the stuffing, you can use your fingers to press the stuffing in.
- Dip the top of the cone in the all purpose flour slurry to seal the stuffing in.
- In a pan deep fry till the cone becomes golden brown in colour.
- Once fried remove it on a paper towel so as to suck the excess oil.
- Then dip the top of the cone in some tomato / sauce or ketchup
- And then dip in a bowl with sev or cheese