Step by Step Video for ‘Dahi Bhindi’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for making Dahi Bhindi
|Bhindi / Okra - Chopped 1 “apart||300 Grams|
|Onion||1 Large size|
|Tomato||1 Medium size|
|Onions seeds||½ tsp|
|Haldi / Turmeric||¼ tsp|
|Curd/ Plain Yogurt||2 tbsp|
|Dhania-Jeera Powder / Cumin Coriander Powder||½ tsp each|
|Red Chilli powder||½ tsp|
|Salt||as per your taste|
Ingredients for the Garnishing
|Dhania / Cilantro||1 tbsp|
Prepping for Dahi Bhindi Recipe
- Dice up the vegetables (Bhindi 1” apart, slice the onions and tomatoes) keep aside in a bowl.
Method for making the Dahi Bhindi Recipe
- In a vessel add the oil, once hot add the onion seeds wait for them to sizzle which should take 10-15 seconds
- Once they start sizzling add the green chillies and the onions.
- After two minutes the onions would have started changing color. Now it time to add the bhindi, turmeric and salt.
- Keeping the flame on high mix it well together. And cook for 1 minute.
- Now cover the vessel , turn the flame on low and cook for 3-4 minutes. Do stir in intervals.
- After 4 minutes add the tomatoes, the Dhania-Jeera Powder and the red chilli powder. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or till the time the tomatoes are fully cooked.. Do stir in intervals
- After 4 minutes or once the tomatoes are fully cooked add the curd / Dhai and mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Once cooked serve in a plate and garnish with some fresh dhania / Cilantro leaves.