Deviled Eggs – as soon as my friends in India heard this name they were very curious as to what this dish was.Deviled eggs being a snack food I decided to make it for my friends for a new years party, but while making them I was getting nervous as I was not sure if they would like it.
I had learnt to make Deviled eggs in the states and was not sure how my Indian friends would react to it, but to my surprise everyone loved it and kept asking for more, In the days to come I kept getting call for the Deviled Eggs recipe, so I decided to make a video for my old friends as well as new 🙂 . Now always remember that this recipe can be made with various changes to the ingredients . See what flavours you like and be adventurous. In my video, I have shown you the flavours that I like but there is not rule as to what you can add or not. And if you do come up with any new exciting combination do let me know I would also love to try your version of Deviled Eggs.
Do try this recipe and hope you also share my experience and get the pleasure of being haunted by your friends for the recipe.
Step by Step Video for ‘Deviled Eggs’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for Deviled Eggs
Mayo 1 tbsp
Mustard 1 tsp
Dried italian Herbs 1 tsp
Chilli Flakes 1/2 tsp
Grated Onion 2 tsp
Tabasco few drops
Chives 1/2 tsp
Cherry Tomatoes (optional) 4
Parsley (optional) Cheese (optional) 1/4 Slice
- Place the eggs in a pot and cover them with cold water. Let them come to a rolling boil for 10 minutes, turn the heat off and let the eggs sit covered in the hot water for 10 minutes. Rinse them under cold water until they are cooled to handle, I even keep the eggs in cold water with ice cubes this will help the shell to come of easily.
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolk and pop the yolks in a bowl and place the whites on a platter.
- With a fork mash the yolks really well, then add the remaining ingredients(Mayo, Mustard, Salt, Pepper, Dried italian Herbs, Chilli Flakes, Grated Onion, Tabasco and Chives) and mix everything together until you have a smooth mixture.
- Spoon the filling into the eggs. If you are doing it for guests then fill in a piping bag and pipe the filling in the egg whites.
- Garnish with sliced cherry tomatoes, parsley a tiny piece of cheese.
They are ready to serve or you can let them rest in the fridge for a while before you serve them.
Note: you will get the Tabasco online or in any specialty store or you can also look for the indian version Peprico, online or your nearby store.