I got introduced to this Guava Juice (also known as peru or amrud) in my childhood. I remember my mother making it for her kitty parties , for get togethers and I used to always see the smile on people’s faces and almost all the times they would request for more.
It was one drink that I saw that the guests could not get enough of. My mom used to look like the star of her kitty, so I thought why not share this recipe with you and make you the star of your kitchen, your kitty as well.
This recipe is extremely refreshing and with little efforts you can look like an expert. I know that Guava juice is also available in the stores as well, but trust me there is a vast difference in the Homemade Guava Juice and store bought. I have been making Guava juice at home from a very long time now and I can with confidence say that it is definitely worth making this juice at least once. Just try it out, I know you will thank me 🙂
Just make sure you use a Fully Ripen Guava/ Peru/ Amrud.
Step by Step Video for ‘Guava Juice‘ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Guava Juice
|Guava/ Peru/ Amrud (Fully Ripen)||1 big|
|Black Salt||½ tsp|
|Black Pepper||½ tsp|
|Water||1 ¼ cup|
|Salt||¼ tsp or as per your taste|
- Cut the Guava and Tomato into small pieces.
- In a mixer grinder add the guava and the tomato pieces along with salt, sugar and black pepper. Make a smooth pulp.
- Now add the water and grind one more time.
- Pour the guava juice through a sieve into a big bowl.
- Add the black salt and mix well.
- Store the juice in a refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.
- Right before serving you can add grated Guava zest(for the lack of a word) into the drink to give more texture.
- You can also add the grated Guava on top.