Today I am going to show you how to make the Chatpata Hare Chane ki chat, it’s a bombay street food, and very famous at chowpatty.
Its healthy as it requires no oil and it’s tasty, it’s a salad and its junk food…. Can’t get better than that, right? So what are you waiting for diving into this bowl full of health and yumminess by making it today
Ingredients for Hare Chane ki chat
|Dry indiangreen chickpeas / sukha hara chana||1 cup|
|Onions finely chopped||½ cup|
|Tomatoes finely chopped||1 large|
|Green chilli chopped||1 large|
|Chaat masala||½ tsp|
|Black salt||½ tsp|
|Kashmiri red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|cilantro/ dhania||¼ cup|
Prepping for making Hare Chane ki chat
- Take the dry indian green chickpeas and soak in warm water for 7-8 hours.
- Then put it in pressure cooker with water and salt and pinch of baking soda, and waited till heard 3 whistles.
- Once the cooker is cool enough to remove it in a bowl, with a little bit of water.
- Finely chop the onions, tomatoes, green chilli
Method for making Hare Chane ki chat
- In a kadai/ pan add all of the boiled chana/ chickpeas along with the little water present in the bowl and cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame.
- Once the chana is hot and the water is almost evaporated add chopped onions, tomatoes and green chilli, and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and add chaat masala, black salt, kashmiri red chilli powder,lime juice, dhania/ cilantro and salt to taste. Mix well.