Every morning you might be thinking what should I make breakfast for my family. So today I will make it easy for you to plan just make the Besan toast. As breakfast is the most important meal of the day you definitely don’t want to skip it and if breakfast was delicious at the same time stress free all the more reason you can sit back and enjoy a good start of the day.
Besan (Gram Flour) toast is pretty easy to make even if you are a beginner in the kitchen. I remember when my mom used to make this dish when I was young, She would also sometimes give it to me in my lunchbox to school and I used to think wow this is amazing, and wonder how difficult it must be to make such a tasty dish, and when I asked my mom she said it’s probably one of the easiest dishes to make.
So while living abroad, and missing out on my mom’s cooking I thought I should give Besan Toast a try. Once I got the recipe on how to make Besan toast I thought “ Cool, I can surely make it”
So I gave it a try and Voila, it came out perfect. I just could not stop helping myself to these amazing easy Besan toast recipe, and they became a regular in my menu.
For Besan toast you require very few basic ingredients which you will easily find it in your pantry or in your local grocery store.
For more breakfast recipes do check out my instant curd dosa, jowar pancake recipe or mayo cream cheese sandwiches.
Step by Step Video for ‘Instant Besan Toast Recipe’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Instant Besan Toast Recipe
|Gram flour / Besan ka atta||1 cup|
|Medium Onion chopped||1|
|Medium Tomato chopped||1|
|Chopped capsicum / Shimla mirch||¼ cup|
|Cilantro / fresh dhania||¼ cup|
|Chopped green chilli||1|
|Black pepper powder /Kali mirch powder||¼ tsp|
|Chilli flakes||1 tsp|
|Cumin coriander powder /Dhania jeera powder||½ tsp|
|Turmeric powder / haldi powder||⅛ tsp|
|Carom seeds / Ajwain||¼ tsp|
|Grated cheese||1 cube|
|Salt||as per taste|
Prepping for making Instant Besan Toast Recipe
- In a bowl add the Gram Flour, 90% of the onions (Chopped), 90% of the tomatoes(Chopped), 90% of Capsicum (Chopped), Cilantro, Grated cheese, Turmeric powder, Carom seeds, black pepper power, Cumin coriander powder, Chopped green chilli, Chilli flakes and salt as per taste. And mix well.
- Add water at a time and make a thick slurry of pourable consistency.
- Take a slice of bread and apply a thick layer of the slurry on top of the bread.
- Garnish with chopped onions, tomatoes and capsicum, cilantro and some chilli flakes.
Method for making Instant Besan Toast Recipe
- In a pan add add some butter and spread so it greses all of the pan.
- And land the bread with the slurry side facing the pan. And cook for 1-2 minutes or until the gram flour is cooked.
- Apply some butter on the back side of the bread and after 2 minutes flip the bread and cook till the time the bottom side is also golden brown in colour.
- Remove in a plate and cut it into half and serve with ketchup or chutney.