Instant Curd Dosa is the perfect dosa to make at home . Give yourself 10 minutes and you have yourself an amazing tasting dosa. With simple ingredients which you might already in your pantry and easily available in your local market it’s a perfect dish for every occasion.
And when I say Instant I mean it, unlike other dosa batter where you have to soak overnight and then wait for the fermentation process, here you are just mix the ingredients and wait for 10 minutes and you can start cooking the dosa on the griddle.
Don’t believe me then watch my Instant Curd Dosa Recipe video and make sure you try it.
Step by Step Video for ‘Instant Curd Dosa’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Curd Dosa Recipe
|Split dehusked Black Gram / Urad Dal
|⅓ rd cup
|Curd / Yogurt / Dahi
|Rava / Semolina
|Methi dana / Fenugreek seeds
|as per your taste
Prepping for the Curd Dosa Recipe
- Wash and drain the Rice and the Split dehusked Black Gram / Urad Dal and keep in separate bowls.
Method of making the Curd Dosa Recipe
- In a blender add the washed and drained Rice and make a very smooth fine batter out of it, if need be add little water.
- Once the batter is ready remove it in a bowl.
- Now add the Split dehusked Black Gram / Urad Dal and the Methi dana / Fenugreek seeds in a blender and blend until you get a fine paste.
- Once this batter is ready add it to the rice batter.
- Along with the curd, Rava / Semolina, Powdered Sugar and salt and mix well.
- If the batter is thick then add more water and make it like a dosa batter, it should have the pouring consistency.
- Once the batter is ready keep it aside for the next 5-10 minutes.
- After 5-10 minutes mix the batter again and then add the baking powder and mix vigorously going in one direction.
- Then keep a dosa pan on a medium flame and once hot sprinkle some water and a little bit of oil,
- And using a clean cloth or tissue wipe of the water oil off the pan, this will help make the pan greasy enough so that dosa will come off easily.
- Now add a ladle full of this dosa and spread it in circular motion and then add some oil on the edges of the dosa and some in the middle.
- Once you see that the edges are coming of the pan it’s time to remove the dosa from the pan into a serving plate.
- Do serve it while it’s hot with some Coconut coriander chutney and sambar.