Ingredients for Jalapeno Cheese Rolls
|Red bell pepper||¼ cup|
|Yellow bell pepper||¼ cup|
|Go cheese or any cheese||4 to 5 slices|
|Mix herbs||½ tsp|
|Chopped Onion||¼ cup|
|All Purpose flour / maida||½ cup|
|Salt||¼ tsp and for frying|
|Bread crumbs||¾ cup|
Today let’s make delicious starter .. Jalapeno Cheese Rolls.
This recipe is inspired by jalapeno poppers recipe, which uses fresh jalapeno and cheese. In today’s recipe we are using tinned jalapeno as fresh is not always available in most places and tinned jalapeno is easily available in most of the grocery stores.
We have also made the outside cover very easy to make by using bread slices. Do serve these as party appetizers or as an evening snack.
For more snacks recipes do check out poha cutlet recipe/ Poha roll or the potato bread starter recipe.
Step by Step Video for ‘Jalapeno Cheese Rolls’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Process of The Bread Crumbs.
- Take a few slices of bread and run it through the mixer. ( in this recipe I have removed the edges of the bread that we are going to use and blended them in the mixer.
- Now put a pan on the gas and once hot add the breadcrumbs to it and dry roast till the moisture in the crumbs disappear.
- Once the crumbs feel light then take off the flame and remove in a bowl and come down to room temperature.
Process of making the Stuffing
- In a pan add some oil and once hot add onions, red capsicum, yellow capsicum, salt as per taste and mixed italian herbs. Cook for a minute
- After a minute add the chopped jalapenos, and cook for 1 ½ minutes.
- After 1 ½ minutes or once the ingredients are dry and the moisture in it has evaporated remove it in a bowl and let it come down to room temperature.
- While the stuffing is cooling down prepare the slurry by adding water in the all purpose flour, and mix and remove in a plate
Process of making the rolls
- Take the slices of bread ( with the edges cut)
- Take a rolling pin and roll it on top of the bread till the time the bread becomes flat.
- Keep the bread in horizontal direction and place the cheese slices in the center, along with ½ tsp of the veggie stuffing.
- Take one end of the bread and start rolling it very tightly over the cheese and the veggie stuffing.
- Apply the slurry on the other end of the bread and close it tightly.
- Take some more slurry and apply it to the two ends and press to lock it.
- Take the rolls and roll them in the slurry and then roll in the bread crumbs.
- Once ready then deep fry till they are golden brown from all sides.
- Serve while hot with some ketchup.