Maggi Pakora yes, that’s right today we are going to make Maggi Pakora.Maggi being the favorite among children it’s a most welcomed snack, and we are always are looking for different way to cook it. So here i bring you a mouth watering snack made out of our fav noodles with lots of vegetables to make it healthy and it’s a perfect snack to munch on during the monsoon season. You can also serve it as and party snack/ appetizer/ starter, it also tastes really good with evening tea.
For other maggi recipes do check out my chinese style maggi or my Spicy hot garlic maggie or my Cheesey mayo maggi or my Chinese Style Maggi
Step by Step Video for ‘Maggi Pakora’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Maggi Pakora
|Water||500ml / 2 ½ cup|
|Masala Maggi||1 packet|
|Grated Cabbage / Patta gobi & Grated Carrot / Gajar||2 tbsp & 1 tbsp|
|Finely chopped Onion||2 tbsp|
|Cilantro / Dhania||2 tbsp|
|Capsicum / Shimla mirch||1 tbsp|
|Chopped Green chilli||1|
|Ginger Garlic Paste /Adrak Lasan paste||½ tsp|
|Kashmiri red chilli powder & Garam masala||½ tsp each|
|Rice flour / Chawal ka atta||2 tbsp|
|Gram flour / Besan flour||4 tbsp|
|All purpose flour / maida||3 tbsp|
|Raw & crushed Maggi||for coating|
|Salt||as per taste|
Prepping for the Maggi Pakora
- Grate the cabbage and carrot, finely chop the onions, cilantro / dhania, capsicum, green chilies
Method of Making the Maggi Pakora
- In a vessel add 500ml of water / 2 ½ cups of water and boil.
- Once the water is boiling add the maggi noodles and cook till they are 75% – 80% cooked. Be careful as to not cook it all the way through
- Once the maggi is 75% cooked drain the water and wait for the maggi noodles to come down to room temperature.
- Once the maggi is at room temperature then add them in a big mixing bowl, followed by grated cabbage, finely chopped onions, cilantro, capsicum, green chilies, Ginger- Garlic paste, kashmiri red chilli powder, Garam Masala, butter, and 1 sachet of maggi masala, and rice flour, gram flour and salt, and mix well.
- Use a little pressure of ur palms while mixing it in and form a dough. No need to add water
- Take a small amount in your hands and make a small ball, size of a big lime.repeat the same for the rest of the dough, and keep aside
- Now in a bowl add the all purpose flour and some water and mix till you get a thick but pourable slurry.
- Now put the maggi balls in the slurry, and move so its coats the balls from all sides and then take some crushed maggi and add them on top of the balls.
- Once you have all the maggi balls coated with the slurry and the crushed maggi add them to hot oil and fry till they are golden in colour from all sides.
- Then remove them on a plate covered with a paper towel so as to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve them while hot with some tomato ketchup/ tomato sauce or schezwan sauce.