Momos chutney recipe with step by step explanation. This momos chutney is a Spicy chutney for veg momos made with tomatoes, garlic, and dry red chilies is a must have dipping sauce for any momos.
You can always adjust the heat level as per your requirement, but this chutney definitely adds a kick to the momos and take it to another level. Momos are packed with a lot of flavors but at the same time lack some heat so this combination is a match made in heaven. You can also add this chutney in your Chinese noodles, to give some extra spiciness.
As Momos are very famous street food in India, Nepal and many other places this recipe of the Momos chutney is exactly how they make it on the streets, but yes of course, with better quality ingredients and hygiene. So next time you crave for momos and the momos chutney you don’t have to go to a roadside stall, as now you can make it at home.
Step by Step Video for ‘Momos Chutney’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for making the Momos Chutney
|Guntur Dry Red Chilli||3|
|Kashmiri Dry Red Chilli||4|
|Salt||As per your taste|
Prepping for the Momos Chutney
- Wash the Tomatoes and cut it into halves, and remove the crown.
- Deseed the dry red chillies.
Method for the Momos Chutney
- In a vessel add the tomatoes and the dry red chillies and fill water until it covers the tomatoes and chillies.
- Bring it to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water and once at room temperature remove the skin of the tomatoes.
- Now add the tomatoes, chillies, garlic, sugar and salt in a blender and blend until a smooth paste.
- Serve with hot momos, store the rest in the refrigerator. This chutney will last in the refrigerator for 2 days.