Step by step recipe of Mooli Raita.
Today we are going to make a very special Raita, Raitas are always welcome because they had some extra Umph to your everyday routine lunch or dinner and are very easy to make.
Mooli Raita on Radish Raita is the crunchy courd base side dish tempered with aromatic spices it is very quick and easy to prepare.
Raita Is a side dish made with yogurt and is usually served with rice or chapati and is actually a wonderful option when eating pulao / Biryani. Raita is also very cooling Since is one of the main ingredient and helps cut the spice in the Indian cuisine.
Step by Step Video for ‘Mooli Raita.‘ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Mooli Raita
|Radish / mooli ½ cup
|Curd /Yogurt / Dahi
|Cilantro / Dhanya
|Chopped Green Chilli
|Black pepper powder / Kali mirch
|Kashmiri red chilli powder
|Roasted Jeera powder
|as per your taste
Prepping for the Mooli Raita
1) Grate the Mooli /also called as Radish and keep it aside in a bowl.
2)Chop the green chillies and the cilantro and keep it aside in a bowl as well.
Method for making the Mooli Raita
1) take the Mooli / Radish in your hands and squeeze it very hard this will help in removing the moisture or the liquid inside the Mooli and then keep it aside in a bowl.
2) now in a pan add a little bit of oil say about half teaspoon and once it’s a little hot add the mustard seeds which is riai and once the andy start to sizzle then add the Kashmiri red chilli powder and the Mooli which is radish and stir it in
3) And now cook it for just about a minute
4) After a minute let’s turn off the flame and then remove the radish in a bowl.
5) Wait for it to come down to room temperature. Once it is at room temperature add the black pepper and the roasted jeera powder and the green chillies along with the dhania / cilantro the curd / yogurt and now let’s mix everything in.
6) Totally forgot about the salt so let’s just as add it as well as without salt nothing is going to taste that great right??
7)And now just mix it all again and the raita is ready to serve.Make sure to serve the raita when it is chilled.
8) I usually like to garnish the Raita with some Kashmiri red chilli powder some roasted jeera powder and some fresh cilantro leaves it just makes it look even more appealing and more appetising