Today we are going to make Mug Dhokla, you have heard of cupcakes right? So instead of cupcakes we are today going to make cup dhokla or Mug Dhokla. It will hardly take two minutes to make them and they will be extremely delicious and quite easy to make. You can make them when you have guests coming over and you can serve them individual portions. Imagine serving this in your kitty party, it will be a total hit.
Ingredients for the mug dhokla
|ginger chilli powder
|as per taste
Ingredients for the Tampering
Ingredients for Garnishing
|Fresh coriander leaves
Prepping for the Mug Dhokla
- Grease the mug in which you want to make the dhokla.
- Slices two green chiles from the center
Method of Making the Mug Dhokla
- In a bowl add Gram flour, curd/ yogurt , ginger chilli paste, turmeric powder, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Add little water at a time and slurry which is at pourable consistency.
- Add 1 tsp of oil to make the batter smooth. Cover and keep aside for 10 min.
- After 10 min add eno(fruit salt) and mix vigorously till the time you get a cottoney texture.
- Pour some batter into the greased mug, don’t fill till the top, keep some space for it to rise as well
- Set the movicrove to the highest setting (900) and cook the dhokla for 2 ½ minutes.
- After 21/2 min remove and check by piercing a toothpick in the center and if nothing sticks that means your dhokla is cooked.
- And now it’s time for the tempering so in a kadai add oil, and once hot.
- Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chillies, water, sugar and lime juice.
- And stir till the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Then turn of the flame and pour it on top of the dhokla
- Garnish with grated coconut and fresh coriander leaves.