Ingredients to make Pav Bhaji Rava Balls
|onion||1 medium size|
|tomato||1 medium size|
|ginger chilli paste||½ tsp|
|garlic paste||½ tsp|
|turmeric powder||⅛ tsp|
|kashmiri red chilli powder||½ tsp|
|pav bhaji masala||1 tsp|
|cumin seeds||½ tsp|
Pav Bhaji Rava Balls is a very unique recipe, and you can make it for breakfast or as an evening snack, also if you give it to your kids in a lunch box they will be very thankful.
Almost everyone loves pav bhaji and if you can incorporate the pav bhaji taste in a breakfast item what could be better, right?
Prepping for making the Pav Bhaji Rava Balls
- Finely cut the onions, tomatoes and capsisum and put them in separate bowls.
Method for making the Pav Bhaji Rava Balls
- In a vessel add the water, and bring it to a boil.
- Once the water starts boiling add the ginger chilli paste and salt and mix well.
- Once mixed add the semolina and turn the flame off and mix well.
- Once mixed the semolina will soak in all the water and now, wait for 2-3 mins for it to cool down a bit
- Then take a little oil in your hands and knead the dough for 4-5 mins till it becomes smooth to touch
- Then make round balls the size of a small lemon and keep in a plate greased with oil.
- Once all balls are shaped then steam them for 14-15 mins on a high flame and keep aside
- In a wok add oil and once the oil is hot add cumin seeds and stir.
- Then add asafoetida, curry leaves and mix well.
- Then add the chopped onion, and cook for 1 min
- Then add the garlic paste and salt.
- Once the onions are translucent add the capsicum and cook for 1 min
- Then add the tomatoes and cook for 2 min
- Then add kashimiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder and the pav bhaji masala, mix well
- Once mixed add the steamed rava balls and mix well.
- Garnish with some fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.