Ingredients to make Pav Bhaji Rava Balls
|onion||1 medium size|
|tomato||1 medium size|
|ginger chilli paste||½ tsp|
|garlic paste||½ tsp|
|turmeric powder||⅛ tsp|
|kashmiri red chilli powder||½ tsp|
|pav bhaji masala||1 tsp|
|cumin seeds||½ tsp|
Pav Bhaji Rava Balls is a very unique recipe, and you can make it for breakfast or as an evening snack, also if you give it to your kids in a lunch box they will be very thankful.
Almost everyone loves pav bhaji and if you can incorporate the pav bhaji taste in a breakfast item what could be better, right?
For more breakfast recipes do check out my Instant besan toast recipe or Poha cutlet Recipe
Prepping for making the Pav Bhaji Rava Balls
- Finely cut the onions, tomatoes and capsisum and put them in separate bowls.
Method for making the Pav Bhaji Rava Balls
- In a vessel add the water, and bring it to a boil.
- Once the water starts boiling add the ginger chilli paste and salt and mix well.
- Once mixed add the semolina and turn the flame off and mix well.
- Once mixed the semolina will soak in all the water and now, wait for 2-3 mins for it to cool down a bit
- Then take a little oil in your hands and knead the dough for 4-5 mins till it becomes smooth to touch
- Then make round balls the size of a small lemon and keep in a plate greased with oil.
- Once all balls are shaped then steam them for 14-15 mins on a high flame and keep aside
- In a wok add oil and once the oil is hot add cumin seeds and stir.
- Then add asafoetida, curry leaves and mix well.
- Then add the chopped onion, and cook for 1 min
- Then add the garlic paste and salt.
- Once the onions are translucent add the capsicum and cook for 1 min
- Then add the tomatoes and cook for 2 min
- Then add kashimiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder and the pav bhaji masala, mix well
- Once mixed add the steamed rava balls and mix well.
- Garnish with some fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.