Step by Step Video for ‘Homemade Pizza Sauce’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients To make Pizza Sauce
|Onions medium size||6|
|Tomatoes medium size||6|
|Carom Seeds / Ajwain||3/4 tsp|
|Kashmiri red chilli Powder||2 tbsp|
|Tomato Sauce /Ketchup||1 tbsp|
|Chilli Flakes||1 tsp|
|Dried Oregano||1 ½ tsp|
|Mixed Italian Herbs||1 tsp|
|Salt||¾ tbsp or as per your taste|
|Olive Oil||1 tbsp|
|Black pepper powder||¼ tsp|
Prepping for the Pizza Sauce
- Slice up the onions and keep aside in a bowl.
- Wash the tomatoes and make a slight cut at the bottom resembling a cross then make few more cuts on the sides. In a large pan heat up water. Once the water is boiling at the tomatoes with the cuts in the water for 5-7 minutes or till the time you start seeing the skin coming off the tomatoes.( Blanching the tomatoes). Then drain and take out the tomatoes. Keep aside for cooling. Then remove the skin off the tomatoes.
- Tear of the basil in to bite size pieces.
Method for making the Pizza Sauce
- In a large pan add the olive oil and cook the onions for 10 minutes or till the time they start changing color on low or medium flame.
- Then turn off the flame and let the onions rest and come to room temperature.
- Once the onions are at room temperature add them to a mixer grinder along with the garlic, and blend into a coarse paste.
- Now in the same pan add a little oil and then add this paste in the pan and cook till the oil starts separating. This should take about 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile add the tomatoes without their skin and blend into a fine puree.
- And add it to the onions paste.
- Then add the Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder, Carom seeds, tomato sauce, sugar, chilli flakes, oregano, mixed herbs, black pepper powder, salt and the basil.
- Mix well and cook on low flame for 20 minutes.
- Turn of the flame and let it come down to room temperature before you store it.
- You can store this sauce in an airtight container and deep freeze it and use it for a month.