Raw Mango Onion Chutney Recipe also known as kairicha takku, is grated raw mango and onion mixed in with spiced and then hot oil poured over it.
Raw Mango Onion Chutney Recipe is a maharashtrian specialty and there various of the Maharashtrian Takku, here I have presented the basic & traditional version for you all. Because of the fact that this Raw Mango Onion Chutney recipe/ Kairi Takku is uncooked, you can enjoy the flavor of raw mangoes with a dash of spice & sweetness to it.
Step by Step Video for ‘Raw Mango Onion Chutney ‘ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for Raw Mango Onion Chutney Recipe
|Raw Mango / Kachi keri||1|
|Onion Medium size||1|
|Jaggari / Gud||¼ cup|
|Turmeric / Haldi powder||⅛ tsp|
|Red chilli powder||½ tsp|
|Mustard seed / Rai||¼ tsp|
|Cumin seed / Jeera||¼ tsp|
|Cilantro / fresh Dhania||1 tbsp|
|Asafetida / Hing||pinch|
|Salt||as per your taste|
Prepping for the Raw Mango Onion Chutney Recipe
1)Wash the raw mango and dry it then using a Peeler remove the skin of the mango.
2)Using a grater, grate the raw mango.
3)finely chop the onion , and the cilantro
4) grate the jaggery
Method for making the Raw Mango Onion Chutney Recipe
- In a big mixing bowl at the grated raw mango followed by the chopped onion then the cilantro which is Dhanya and mix it all in.
- Once mixed add the grated jaggery on top and keep the bowl aside.
- now in a tampering pan add a little bit of oil and once the oil is a little hot add the mustard seed which is rai and once the mustard seeds start to sizzle add the cumin seeds which is jeera then the hing a little bit of turmeric powder followed by the red chilli powder and now let’s add this on top of the jaggery.
- now add salt as for your day and mix everything in.
- One makes keep this raw mango onion chutney in the fridge for the next 10 to 15 minutes after 10 to 15 minute it is ready to serve