This Red sauce pasta recipe is to die for and there are many ways to make it but today i have made the arrabbiata sauce which means angry sauce in Italian.
This Red sauce got this name due to the spiciness of the chilli peppers which are used to make it. Of course you can always control the amount of chillies your want in your sauce and usually this sauce is served with penne pasta and with garlic red chilli flakes and tomatoes, and is served as a main course meal.
I have also added few vegetables in the Red Sauce Pasta along with some parsley. I have used mushrooms and olives. If you wish you can add onions, capsicum, zucchini and give it your own twist.
Step by Step Video for ‘Red Sauce Pasta’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for Red Sauce Pasta
|Penne Pasta||200 gm|
|Black pepper||½ tsp|
|Italian Mixed herbs||1 1/2 tsp|
|Chilli Flakes||1 1/2 tsp|
|Garlic||1 whole bulb|
|Olive oil||1 tbsp|
|Salt||As per your taste|
Ingredients for the Garnishing
|Grated Cheese||2 tbsp|
Prepping for the Red Sauce Pasta
- Wash the tomatoes and make light cuts and put in boiling water for 2 minutes or until you start seeing the skin coming off.
- Once the tomatoes are blanched , remove the skin and remove the crown.
- Hand crush the tomatoes once a little cool ( If you are using tined tomatoes then you can skip all the above steps)
- Slice the garlic and mushrooms chop the parsley and keep aside.
- Meanwhile also boil your pasta. And save about ½ cup of water just in cause you need it.
Method for making the Red Sauce Pasta
- In a pan add the olive oil and then add the garlic. Then turn on the flame. This way the garlic flavour will get infused with the olive oil.
- Cook it for 30-45 seconds or until you start seeing a change in the color.
- Now add the chilli flakes.
- Time to add the hand crushed tomatoes, and salt, mix well. And cook on medium flame for 20 minutes, make sure to stir the sauce after every 5 minutes.
- After 20 minutes add the black pepper, mixed herbs, mushrooms and olives and mix well and cook for 10 minutes. Make sure to stir the sauce in intervals.
- After 10 minutes, add the parsley and the cooked pasta, and mix well.
- Garnish with some grated cheese. And turn of the flame
- Serve hot with some garlic bread.