Ingredients to make Roasted Spicy Tomato Chutney
|Garlic||1 bulb or 3-4 cloves|
|fresh coriander leaves||3 tbsp|
This Roasted Spicy Tomato Chutney is my go to chutney, so quick and easy to make and goes with a lot of my dishes, just with a handful of ingredients the taste is dynamite and if you are fond of spicy food then you definitely should make this.
Chutneys as it is add a lot of flavour and taste to any dish, it’s like adding a new dimension and with less effort you can enrich the flours that you bring to your table.
I was introduced to this chutney by my friend and since then I have been addicted to it. What I love about this chutney is not just the fact that it’s probably the most hassle free to make, but its texture, unlike most chutneys which you grind into a fine paste, this chutney require you to coarsely grind it giving you a very different look and feel about it also how can you forget its roasted flavour yummmmm.
I am sure once you make this there will be no looking back.
Prepping for making the Roasted Spicy Tomato Chutney
- Take 2 ripe but firm tomatoes and place them upside down on a net on top of a flame.
- Also place the onion, garlic and green chillies on the net.
- Do change the position of the ingredients in intervals and cook till all sides are roasted well.
- Once the ingredients are roasted then remove them in a dish.
- And wait for them to come down to room temperature.
- And then remove the skin of the tomatoes, peel the garlic cloves and the onion and the skin of the green chillies.
Method for making the Roasted Spicy Tomato Chutney
- Take 3-4 roasted garlic cloves, onion and green chillies and add them to a mortar pestle and make a coarse paste out of it.
- Then remove it in a bowl
- Then cut the tomato into half along with the coriander leaves and add it in the mortar pestle and crush it and then add it in the same bowl as the onion, garlic and green chille paste.
- Continue to do the same with all of the tomatoes
- Once all the ingredients are in the bowl then add the salt and mix everything together.
Tip: always add salt right before serving so as to avoid the chutney becoming very watery.