This Green Chutney is my to go chutney, so quick and easy to make and goes with a lot of my dishes, just with a handful of ingredients the taste is dynamite and if you are fond of spicy food then you definitely should make this.
Chutneys as it is add a lot of flavour and taste to any dish, it’s like adding a new dimension and with less efforts you can enrich the flours that you bring to your table.
This chutney is an essential part when i make laccha paratha , moong dal pakodas or peas pulao and many more, but i have to have this chutney when I make these dishes.
I was introduced to this chutney by my friend and since then I have been addicted to it. What I love about this chutney is not just the fact that it’s probably the most hassle free to make, but its texture, unlike most chutneys which you grind into a fine paste, this chutney require you to coarsely grind it giving you a very different look and feel about it.
I am sure once you make this there will be no looking back.
Step by Step Video for ‘Spicy Green Chutney’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients to make the Chutney
|Fresh Coriander / Dhania / Cilantro||¼ cup|
|Mild Green Chillies||3|
|Tomato||1 medium size|
|Salt||as per your taste|
- Roughly chop all the ingredients.
- In a mixer grinder, add the chopped up ingredients and make a coarse paste. (I usually run the mixer very briefly three to four times)
- Put it in a bowl. Add salt right before serving so as to avoid it from getting watery.
- This chutney tastes great if consumed immediately, but you can store it in the refrigerator as well.
- You can serve this chutney with some Moong dal pakodas, or Laccha Parathas or with Peas Pulav.