Spring Onion Sabzi / Hare Pyaz ki Sabzi also known as Kandyachya Patichi Bhaji in Maharashtra is a simple yet delicious dish and you can enjoy this with roti or bhakri.
Its made by using spring onions and gram flour with is Besan. Even though this vegetable is usually enjoyed with roti or bhakri as mentioned above i absolutely love it with Curd Rice.
And when i do make to have it with curd rice i make it extra spicy. Do try out this combination and do let me know what you think about it.
Step by Step Video for ‘Spring Onion Sabzi’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Spring Onion Sabzi
|Green Onion / Hara pyaz||500 grams|
|Gram flour / Besan||1 cup|
|Coriander Cumin seed / Dhania Jeera powder||2 tsp|
|Kashmiri Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Cumin seed / Jeera||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder / Haldi powder||½ tsp|
|Green chilli Hari mirch||2|
|Ginger / Adrak||½*|
|Lime juice / NImbu ras||½ tsp|
|Asafetida / HIng||pinch|
|Salt||as per your taste|
Prepping for the Spring Onion Sabzi
- Chop the green onions and wash and drain them. Make sure that there is no water remaining.
- Make green chilli and ginger paste.
Method of making the Spring Onion Sabzi
- In a Kadai or a large wok add the oil and once the oil is hot and the Cumin seed / Jeera, followed by the Asafetida / HIng and the Green chilli and ginger paste, mix well.
- Once mixed add the Green Onion / Hara pyaz and mix well.
- Add the salt, the Turmeric powder / Haldi powder, Kashmiri Red chilli powder and the Coriander Cumin seed / Dhania Jeera powder and mix well and cook it for the next 2-3 minutes on a medium flame make sure to cover it up.
- After 3 minutes remove the lid and you will be able to see that the oil has separated from the veggies so it’s time to add the lime juice followed by the Gram flour / Besan and mix it all well.
- Once mixed cover and cook for the 3-4 minutes on a medium flame.
- After 4 minutes the Spring Onion Sabzi is ready so remove it ina serving bowl and serve while hot.