Tiranga Paratha is a great patriotic snack made using Whole wheat flour and all purpose flour, palak(Spinach) puree, and Carrots puree. Not only its instant but it’s very tasty and healthy too.
Ignited are our souls smelt of patriotism everywhere in our Country, India aka Bharat. Lets roll in some quick and easy recipe, Tiranga / tricolour Paratha, drenched in our flag’s colours. Tiranga is this recipe, tiranga is our soul today. This tricolor Paratha is easy, delicious, healthy and is perfect for a breakfast, snack, or lunch box/ tiffin box option.
I have many more paratha recipes such as aloo paratha, Gobi Paratha, Lachha paratha, Egg paratha, Onion Parthas so please do check them out. and if you are interested in the kids recipes, i also have many interesting recipes such as oats and nuts lollipop, etc so don’t forget to click on those links.
Step by Step Video for ‘Tiranga Paratha’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients to make Tiranga Paratha
|Spinach / Palak||150 gram|
|Carrot / Gajar||4 to 5|
|Whole Wheat flour / Roti ka Atta||2 cup|
|All purpose flour / Maida||1 cup|
|Carom seed / Ajwain||1 tsp|
|Garam masala||2 tsp|
|Cumin powder / Jeera powder||2 tsp|
|Kashmiri Red Chilli powder||¼ tsp|
|Salt||as per your taste|
Prepping for the Tiranga Paratha Recipe
- wish and cut the stems of the spinach.
- wash and peal the skin and chop the carrots into rough size pieces.
Method for making Tiranga Paratha
1)Lets first prepare the puree.
2)So in a large wok boil the water. Then add the spinach and cook it for the next 5 minutes make sure you keep pressing the spinach down in intervals.
3)Then remove the spinach in a strainer and add ice to the spinach so the color of the spinach remains vibrant green.
4)Once the spinach is cooled then add it to the blender and blender till you get a smooth puree and then remove it in a bowl.
5)Now let’s make the carrot puree so add the sliced carrots along with ¼ cup of water and blend it and then remove it in a bowl.
6)I also made the green chilli paste in the blender and have removed it in a bowl.
7)Now in a big flat dish add the all purpose flour, followed by the carom seeds which is ajwain
And some salt and 1 tbsp of oil and mix it all in.
8)Once mixed add little water at a time to knead a dough tougher than the roti dough
and then cover with a slightly wet cloth and keep aside for the next 30 minutes.
9)Now divide the whole wheat flour into two equal halves.
10) so add the 1st portion in a big flat dish followed by the carom seeds which is ajwain, garam masala, jeera powder, kashmiri red chilli powder some salt and 1 tbsp of oil and mix it all in.
11)Once mixed add 3-4 tbsp of the carrot puree and knead a dough tougher than the roti dough and keep it aside in a bowl for the next 30 minutes.
12)Now to the 2nd portion of the whole wheat flour add the caron seeds then the garam masala, jeera powder, salt and 1 tsp of green chilli paste and 1 tbsp of oil and 2-3 tbsp of spinach puree and mix it all in and knead a semi tough dough and put in a bowl and keep aside for the next 30 minutes
13)After 30 minutes just refresh all three dough by kneading it once more.
14)Now take a small amount from each ot the the dough and make round balls out
15) then using your hands start putting pressure and start rolling the white dough giving it a log shape till it reached 6 – 7”
16) and do the same for the other two dough balls,
17)Once you have all 3 logs ready then pinch the logs at once and and then start rolling them in inwards directions making a circle.
18) then press it down using your hands also make sure you keep pressing at the ends if they don’t stick together.
19)Now sprinkle some dry flour and start rolling it in just like how you roll a paratha or roti
20)And now on a hot griddle apply some oil and then land your tiranga paratha on top and cook on medium flame for 30- 45 seconds.
21) apply some oil on top of the paratha and then flip the pratha and cook for more 30- 45 seconds till the time both sides are nicely cooked.
22) And once the paratha is ready then remove it in a plate and do serve it with my spicy green chutney recipe It’s a perfect combination.