If you ever wondered why the restaurant style Tomato soup is so thick and rice and tasty, look for further, just check out my video of making Tomato Soup and you will be able to enjoy homemade Tomato soup just like how you get in a restaurant.
Step by Step Video for ‘Tomato Soup’ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Tomato Soup
|Tomatoes||1 ½ kg or 10-12 big|
|Onions||1 medium size|
|Potato||1 medium size|
|Ghee/ Clarified Butter||1 tsp|
|Salt||2 tsp or as per your taste|
|Black Pepper||1 tsp|
|Cornflour / CornStarch(usa)||½ tsp|
Ingredients for Garnishing
|Bread slices or Croutons||2-3|
|Fresh Cream||1 tbsp|
Prepping for the Tomato Soup.
- Roughly dice up the vegetables keep aside in a bowl.
- Cut the bread slices into cubes and dry roast them till crisp, or use ready made croutons.
Method for making the Tomato Soup
- In a Pressure cooker, add the Clarified Butter, and once it’s heated up add bay leaf, ginger and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Now add the Potato, Carrots and onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the diced Tomatoes, mix well.
- Add the salt and add the water.
- Now cover the lid of the pressure cooker and turn the flame on high.Wait till you hear 4-5 whistles.
- Turn of the flame and then wait till the pressure cooker comes to room temperature.
- This might take about half an hour.
- Now using a sieve separate the tomatoes from the water, in a big wok.
- Take the tomatoes pieces and add it to the blender and make a fine puree. Make sure you remove the bay leaf.
- Now run the puree through the sieve again to make sure the seeds and the skin does not go through in the wok.
- Keep the wok on high flame and let it come to a boil. Meanwhile add the sugar, black pepper, and the cornflour(Mix a little water with cornflour and mix well, this will help to avoid lumps). Mix well
- Once the soup is boiling turn of the flame and serve in a bowl. Add croutons and fresh cream ad garnishing and serve with a side salad and garlic bread for a fulfilling dinner.