Vegetarian Pizza are so easy to make at home, even if you don’t have oven or yeast, you can still make great pizza from scratch. So why go for store bought? You can eat unlimited pizzas at home with your favorite toppings and as many or as little topping you want, and never have to worry your wallet.
When you plan to make Vegetarian pizza at home you just need the base, the pizza sauce ( have a awesome recipe for the same on my channel) and the toppings with cheese. Don’t let the fact that you don’t have an oven stop you from enjoying a slice of heaven. Also I realized that many are not comfortable using yeast or are allergic to yeast so here I bring you a recipe that doesn’t require oven or Yeast.
Step by Step Video for ‘Homemade Veg Pizza ‘ Recipe (Scroll Down for detailed & printable recipe)
Ingredients for the Pizza Base
|Maida / All Purpose Flour||2 ⅛ cups|
|Baking Powder||1 tsp|
|Baking Soda||1 tsp|
|Curd / Plain Yogurt||½ cup|
|Olive Oil||2 tbsp|
|Cornmeal/ Makki Ka Atta||1/2 tbsp|
Ingredients for the Toppings
|Bell Peppers All Colors||¼ cup|
|Blanched corn||¼ cup|
|Italian mixed Herbs||½ tsp|
|Chilli Flakes||½ tsp|
|Instant Garlic||½ tsp|
|Olive Oil||½ tsp|
Prepping for the Pizza Base
- In a large bowl add the all purpose flour, with the salt, sugar, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add the curd and the olive oil. Mix well.
- Add water as per your need and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is soft.
- Take any clean bowl, coat the surface with little oil.
- And put the dough in the bowl and cover it up and keep it in a warm place for minimum of 3 hours maximum of 10 hours. I usually keep it in the microwave for 6 hours.
Prepping for the Toppings
- Slice up the vegetables keep aside in a bowl.
- Shred the cheese.
- In a pan Add the oil and butter, and once the butter melts add the veggies(except basil leaves) along with the dried spices. Mix well.
- Cook on medium flame for 1-2 minutes. Then turn of the flame and cover the veggies for 5 minutes.
- Remove in a bowl.
Method for making the Pizza Base.
- After the dough has rested for min of 3 hours, divided it into 3 equal parts making around balls.
- Take one ball and cover the rest.
- Dip that dough ball in dry all purpose flour, also do sprinkle little cornmeal on the platform on with you are going to roll the dough.
- Using a rolling pin lightly make a round disc like a tortilla or roti.
- Take a fork and make holes all over the surface of that pizza base.
- Take a pan and heat it up, once it’s warm add the pizza base, and let it cook for 2-3 minutes on low – medium flame.
- Once its cooked on one side turn it over and let it cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Take it out in a dish.
Method for making the Vegetarian Pizza
- Take the piazza sauce, and apply an even layer on the pizza base, followed by the cooked veggies, basil leaves and then by cheese.
- In a pan cook this pizza for 3-4 minutes or till the time the cheese melts.
- Remove in a plate cut into 8 equal parts and enjoy while hot.